VANTEC Multi-Size M.2 NVMe to U.2 (SFF-8639) 2.5″ SSD Converter/Adapter
R460 Incl. Vat
Product code: VANTEC MRK-NVM2U2-BK
The Multi-Size M.2 NVMe to U.2 (SFF-8639) 2.5” SSD converter/adapter converts an M.2 NVMe module into a U.2 2.5” drive form factor with a thickness of 9.5mm. The casing dimension and U.2 interface are on the same location as a standard U.2 2.5” drive allowing for easy insertion into the U.2 mounting bracket and U.2 rackmount backplane. The unique casing is mill out of Aluminum using the CNC method for excellent heat management; it comes with a thermal pad and the fin-like design on the casing to help dissipate heat. This converter allows for different size M.2 NVMe module 80mm, 60mm, 42mm, and 30mm in length to be fitted into the converter. The converter is hot-swappable* ready and comes with many more features. * Hot-swap requires a Hotswap ready U.2 Host controller.
- Convert M.2 NVMe (PCIe Gen3 x4) module into a U.2 (SFF-8639) 2.5” SSD factor with 9.5mm thickness
- Same standard size, U.2 interface location, and mounting hole locations as U.2 drive
- Converter design to fit any U.2 backplanes that enable mounting U.2 2.5” SSD and Mobile Rack.
- Whole Aluminum case for excellent heat dissipation; Web like fin and use of thermal pad for heat management
- Support hot-swapping (U.2 host controller must support hot-swapping)
- Support M.2 NVMe length of 2280, 2260, 2242, and 2230
- 8 mounting holes, 4 on the bottom, two on each side like Standard U.2 2.5” SSD form factor
- No drivers required, Multi-OS compatibility: Windows, OS X, Linux
- Please note: U.2 is NOT SATA and is not plug or compatible with SATA.